Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Own It

This is quick.

Saturday we went to the beach. I bought a bikini to wear under my rash guard.

When we got to the beach, I realized I forgot the freaking rash guard.

I will remind you, I had a baby three months ago and am nursing, so my figure is less than bikini-worthy in my mind.

Then as I got the courage show my I-just-had-a-baby stomach, I looked at my 10 year old and got figuratively punched in the gut.

While I never diet, I do have issues with my body (see above if you missed it). And she sees/hears it.

Oh crap.

So when I complain about it, she's heard it. And what damage had that done already?

Double crap.

So I took off my cover up. I owned my body. I was proud.

I did it again today at the pool and I really felt empowered. I grew 5 babies. And I need to love me and all the changes that come.

No comments:

Post a Comment